Just a quick update: your username is the first letter of your first name and your entire last name. It is NOT your full email address.
For example: jgriffith is my username.
The pilot testing of the Wedge’s new VPN network is complete. Our network is LIVE for staff use NOW! This message provides everything you need to do to get started. Referenced attachments are linked at the bottom of this message.
STEP 1: VERY IMPORTANT – in order to get access, you must sign and return the Personal Device Usage Policy (attached)
- This policy is your “ticket” to access the VPN connection.
- For those users that have already submitted their policy, your permissions have been updated and you should be able to access the system now.
- For those users that have yet to submit your signed policy, once we receive it from you we will update your permissions within 24 hours of receipt.
- Read the policy carefully and thoroughly prior to signing. If you have questions, ask.
- In order to sign, you do not need to print a paper copy and scan. We will accept electronic copies signed in Markup, Paint, Adobe Reader, Mac Preview, etc.
- To submit your policy: I need to personally review your signed policy in order for you to get access to the VPN. You can send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: login to the Wedge’s Virtual Office
- The instructions to login are attached.
- If you encounter any problems while accessing the system, please contact email@example.com with a CC to your managers
- Please note, in order for the VPN network to function on your personal device, your device must meet the minimum technology requirements listed below. We are unable to do any maintenance on personal devices.
Step 3: begin using the VPN system!
- The VPN network is the same as if you are in the office. You will have access to myEvolv, Wedge email, the company folder, and your “my documents”.
- If at any time during your use of the system you encounter a problem, email ITcommittee@wedgepc.com describing the nature of your problem in detail.
- Before contacting IT Committee, please troubleshoot using the attached FAQ guide.
A few housekeeping notes:
- Your VPN access is NOT to be shared with anyone.
- You are responsible for the protection of confidential and protected information. More information can be found on the attached policy.
- Only connect through secure internet connections. Insecure connections include (but are not limited to) “hot spots”, public WiFi (e.g. Starbucks).
- You are not permitted to store any client information on your personal device. This includes (but is not limited to) capturing screenshots, exporting reports from the health record, using personal email to transfer client information, or writing notes on your personal device to later transfer to Wedge network.
- Do not watch videos through the Wedge network, as it significantly impacts the functioning of the network for all users. If attending a webinar/video-based training or using video for another work related purpose, you must do so on your personal device outside of the Wedge network.
- If you are unable to use the VPN on your personal device, you will be required to handwrite documentation and drop it off to the site. Talk to your supervisor for more direction.
Documentation that requires signatures
- Please see attached procedures
The tech specs: in order to utilize the VPN remote access network, your personal device must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Devices running:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows 10
- iOS version 7.0 or higher
- OS X 10.9 or higher
- Android 4.1 or higher
- ChromeOS 45 or higher
- Broadband Internet with a minimum 20mbps down / 10mbps up
- Supported Internet Browsers
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox 7 or higher
- Chrome 8 or higher
- The VPN does allow for connections with non-windows based machines, such as Apple devices. We have not yet tested functionality on Chromebooks or Android devices.
Thank you everyone for all the work that you do every day in Changing Lives Through Recovery! We look forward to this remote access supporting your important work.
Jessica Griffith, MSS, LCSW, CPRP
Vice President, Compliance & CQI