REC Program Coordinator
The Wedge Recovery Centers is seeking applicants for the position of REC Program Coordinator at our North OAR REC location. This is a full time/exempt management position with benefits. If you meet the qualifications, please forward your resume and letter of interest email@example.com. We are open to both internal & external candidates, so feel free to share.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Psychiatric Rehabilitation
This is a position with clinical/rehabilitation and administrative duties within the Wedge Medical Center’s matrix of services. The Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Recovery & Education Center. The Vice President of Clinical Services directly supervises the Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator plans, organizes, and directs the services of the Recovery & Education Center assuring that program fidelity is maintained, and that all Federal and State regulatory guidelines are being adequately addressed. The Program Coordinator will also assume direct supervisory responsibilities for all other staff working in the Recovery & Education Center Program.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health, as reflected by a review of the person’s college transcript(s). Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of at least two (2) years experience in behavioral health care, one of which must be in psychiatric rehabilitation (PRS, PA Code 5230) with documented graduated clinical experience during this time.
- Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric rehabilitation theory and practice. CPRP preferred (As a condition of ongoing employment, employee will be required to attain within two years of hire, and sustain/renew on an ongoing basis, the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner Certification [CPRP]).
- Ability to supervise clinical staff in an outpatient setting with high volume services.
- Proven leadership skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A broad understanding of both the State & CBH regulations for recovery day services.
- Ability to be effective in crisis situations and experiences in didactic presentations.
- Ability to appropriately utilize a team approach to support the rehabilitation of adults with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for at least one hour at a time.
- Must be able to ascend/descend two flights of stairs.
- Must be able to move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to traverse 5 city blocks and/or 20 minutes at a time.
- Must be able to travel independently between Wedge locations and required external locations.
- Must be able to utilize and navigate public transportation and accompany members on van transportation
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with clientele who have severe disabilities and challenging behaviors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for oversight of quality of services on a daily basis.
- Responsible for direct clinical supervision of all clinical staff, supervision of Certified Peer Specialists and supervision of support staff.
- Responsible for monitoring the scheduling and completion of annual State-required trainings for all staff.
- Responsible for ensuring all OMH and CBH regulations are maintained and in full compliance. Responsible for ensuring that all Wedge policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Responsible for oversight and implementation of all psychiatric rehabilitation and clinical programming on a daily basis.
- Responsible for conducting daily, weekly, monthly clinical staff meetings and/or therapeutic interventions.
- Responsible for ensuring that all necessary documentation is thorough, timely and always clinically sound and appropriate.
- Responsible for filling in to complete clinical assessments when necessary (master’s degree clinicians only).
- Responsible for ensuring all managed care funding and authorization protocols are adhered to.
- Responsible for monitoring service utilization and ensuring utilization objectives are consistently met.
- Responsible for facilitating all crisis situations (in conjunction with Medical Director/ Vice President of Clinical Services).
- Responsible for spending at least 30% of scheduled hours providing services in the community.
- Responsible for performing other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor and/or upper management.
- Responsible for completing required continuing education annually as required by State and CBH regulations.
- Responsible for attending all supervision meetings and staff meetings as assigned.
- Responsible for adhering to all Wedge policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adherence to compliance and continuous quality improvement procedures, including CQI reporting, internal audits and reporting fraud and abuse.